Tuesday, July 21, 2009

For my dad.

I like to read Shakespeare and I like to see shakespearean plays. I've also done some shakespearean acting. My dad likes to annoy me with only quoting two lines from Shakespeare. "Alas poor Yorick. I knew him well." (Which actually aren't the right words.) Especially while I'm watching Bones. (Good TV show.) So, I went and found the right words, and part of the scene. This is for my dad.

First Clown:
A pestilence on him for a mad rogue! 'a pour'd a flagon
of Rhenish on my head once. This same skull, sir, was, sir,
Yorick's skull, the King's jester.

Hamlet:
This? [Takes the skull]

First Clown:
E'en that.

Hamlet:
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite
jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath bore me on his back a
thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is!
My gorge rises at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Free Icons
Parenting

Big kitty go roar!